info@errandsplus.co.uk I 020 7754 0324

Thursday 4 November 2010

Errand Runners - They make a difference!

Every day, Errands Plus’ Runners are out in different parts of London and the UK, running all kinds of errands, helping people, and doing the most amazing things in the community.  Each errand is unique – as unique as each of our clients. The work we do is not just about buying grocery or picking up dry-cleaning – it’s more about the hours saved in someone’s life.  
The extra hours can be turned into a special time with a brother or sister, or that extra time needed to bond with a friend. It may also be time just for you, spent doing absolutely nothing.  It’s invaluable time.
In the words of one of our errand runners, below is a wonderful example of how our work goes beyond errand running.  This is about making a positive impact in a family’s situation and the invaluable return one client got by using Errands Plus.  
I was asked to run errands for a woman whose mother was receiving treatment for cancer in Upminster. She worked shifts at the London Underground and found it difficult at times to fulfil her rota duties and be by her mum’s side at the same time. She asked me to buy fresh fruits and re-stock her food cupboard. She also requested for me to ensure she stays snug and warm and asked for updates following each visit which I gave promptly. By my 3rd visit I knew I was definitely making a difference because her mum had a big smile waiting for me. She was looking forward daily to my visits and involved me in other personal errands like helping to apply for her freedom pass. I feel quite fulfilled that I am able to make some sort of difference in someone else’s life.

- C.B.

For more information about contracting an errand runner through Errands Plus please call 02074768141 or visit http://www.errandsplus.co.uk/